O’Neills Dry Cure Bacon Co are committed to protecting your privacy when you use our website – oneillsbacon.ie. This Privacy Statement sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us and our commitment under the Data Protections Act 1988 – 2003.
O’Neills Dry Cure Bacon Co may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 23rd May 2018.
If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to our processing please contact us at – email@example.com.
O’Neills Dry Cure Bacon Co only collect and use individual user details where we have legitimate business reasons, and where we are legally entitled to do so. Information in relation to personal data collected by Irish entities is available on www.dataprotection.ie, the website of the Irish Data Protection Commissioner.
O’Neills Dry Cure Bacon Co collects the details provided by you on registration together with information we learn about you from your use of our service and your visits to our website and other sites accessible from it. We also collect information about the transactions you undertake.
We may collect additional information in connection with your participation in any promotions or competitions offered by us and information you provide when giving us feedback. We also monitor customer traffic patterns and site use which enables us to improve the service we provide.
Information shared with Stripe to process payments includes:
- Unique payment identifier
- Payment provider identifier
Use of Information Collected
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. In particular we use the information for the following:-
- Compliance with legal obligations – retention of credit records as per Finance Acts.
- Contractual necessity – processing of your data is required to fulfill a contract – i.e. to process and deliver your order.
- we may send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information that you may find interesting using the email address you submit to us.
- we may also use your contact information – phone, email or postal address – to contact you for market research purposes.
The information we have will be used to customise the website according to your interests.
Retention of Data
O’Neills Dry Cure Bacon Co will hold onto your records in accordance with the Finance Acts of 6 years.
If users wish to utilise certain services located on specific sections of the website, they are requested to sign up. Services that currently require some form of sign up include:
- Registering with the website for online shop
To register as a user of such services we need to collect information such as
- your name
- phone number
- email address
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
Disclosure of your Information
We will never pass your personal data to anyone else unless the disclosure is required by Law. We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individual customers are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
Are there cases where we may use your information to contact you?
We may contact you:
- For administration reasons related to the service to which you have signed up (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance, or in response to a question that you ask us).
- To provide you with information about our services, activities or online content. You should only receive such correspondence and updates from O’Neills Dry Cure Bacon Co, if you have agreed to in response to any contact you have made with us, e.g. on our Facebook page, or via the Contact Us facility. It will be made clear to you where you have these choices, for example, by providing tick boxes for you to decide whether you wish to receive correspondence.
- To invite you to participate in surveys about our services (participation is always voluntary).
Where we wish to use your personal information in any other way, we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed in this document.
Third Party Web Sites
Our website may contain links to other websites which are outside our control and are not covered by this Privacy Statement. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites.
Cookies are very small text files that are stored on your computer when you visit some websites.
The following is strictly necessary in the operation of our website.
This Website Will:
- Remember what is in your shopping basket
- Remember where you are in the order process
- Remember that you are logged in and that your session is secure. You need to be logged in to complete an order.
The following are not Strictly Necessary, but are required to provide you with the best user experience and also to tell us which pages you find most interesting (anonymously):
This Website will track the pages you visits via Google Analytics
This Website Will allow you to share pages with social networks such as Facebook (If available)
Mobile devices & Social Media
Applications developed in connection with the website for mobile devices will operate and capture information as set out above. Applications developed by us but deployed on other platforms such as social media channels may provide feedback to us on activity and usage specific to a user.
Note: If you are aged 18 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to us. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Right of Access and how to contact us
The Data Controller for these Website and services provided through these Website is Mary O’Neill firstname.lastname@example.org
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under data protection legislation. If you would like a copy of the personal data or have any queries regarding the O’Neill’s Dry Cure Bacon Co’s use of personal data please contact we have about you, please email us at email@example.com or write to
O’Neill’s Dry Cure Bacon Co
Enniscorthy Business Park
Old Dublin Road
If any of the information we hold about your in incorrect or incomplete please write or email us at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.