- Prep time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Yield: Serves 4-6
Carrots wrapped in O’Neills Streaky Bacon
- ½ Pack O’Neills Dry Cured Streaky Rashers, cut in half
- 300g Carrots, peeled and cut into batons
- 50g Butter
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
Pigs in Blankets
- 1 Pack O’Neills Streaky Bacon
- 1 Pack O’Neills Pork Sausages
- Cocktail sticks, to secure the bacon
- 1 x Pack O’Neills Dry Cured Lardons
- 1 x Net Brussel Sprouts
- 75g Chopped Almonds (Option to use hazelnuts/pine nuts/almonds)
- Salt & Pepper, to season
For the carrots:
- For the carrots, preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4. Place the carrots in a small pan and cover with some water, blanch for 4-5 minutes.
- Drain the carrots and wrap in the streaky rashers, then place on a baking dish. You can drizzle with a little oil or add butter and honey to the baking tray and season with some salt and pepper.
- Place in the preheated oven and baste once or twice during cooking which will take about 30 minutes.
Pigs in Blankets:
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Place the bacon on a chopping board, then using the side of the knife, stretch and flatten
the bacon until about half as long again.
- Cut each strip of bacon in half across, then wrap each piece around a sausage, securing with cocktail sticks.
- Place in a roasting tray and roast for 15 minutes until golden-brown and cooked through.
For the sprouts:
- Trim Brussels sprouts taking off the rough outer leaves. Make a cross with a sharp knife in the bottom of each.
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and add the sprouts. Boil for 6-8 minutes until soft and tender. Strain off the water.
- Meanwhile in a large pan melt the butter and quickly fry the bacon lardoons until cooked sufficiently. Add the sprouts and toss around in the pan making sure that they are well coated and piping hot.
- Season with a little salt and pepper and then scatter in the almonds and toast them up on the pan. Serve immediately.