Pasta, Broccoli, & Bacon Lardon Salad
This pasta salad is super quick to prepare, will be a big hit with the entire family and who knows the little ones may even eat their greens!
- Yield: Serves 4
- 1 x 150g pack of O’Neills Dry Cured Bacon Lardons or approx 4 dry cured rashers or 6 streaky rashers chopped up
- 1 head of broccoli cut into florets (Irish if possible)
- A dozen cherry tomatoes halved
- 100g of pine nuts toasted
- 300g of pasta of your choice (Orecchiete pictured, penne and fusilli are great too)
- Olive oil
- Fresh Parmesan
- Fresh basil (optional)
- Cook your pasta in salted boiling water. 3 mins before this is finished add your broccoli florets and cook with the pasta for the last few mins.
- Drain your pasta and broccoli and blanch both in cold water.
- Pan fry your O’Neills Dry Cured Bacon Lardons at a high temperature in a little oil for 4 to 6 minutes turning frequently until fully cooked.
- Dress the pasta, tomatoes, broccoli and bacon with olive oil and mix in a large salad bowl. Finish with the toasted pine nuts, Parmesan shavings and basil and let everyone help themselves!